The High Performance Computing in Biology (HPCBio) has an opening for a graduate hourly position (20 hrs/wk) with a focus on statistical analysis of genomic data, starting August 2017 through the fall semester, with the possibility of extending into the spring.
- Assists in the statistical analysis of genome-wide gene expression datasets
- Assists in the statistical analysis of other large-scale genomics data
- Submission of regular written reports on projects
- Develops scripts and programs for processing and statistical analysis of genomic data
- Assist in training or workshops
- BS degree in Statistics, Biology, Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering or related field.
- Solid knowledge of statistics
- Fluent use of R for statistical analysis
- Some familiarity with bioinformatics analysis, in particular RNA-Seq or technologies relevant to gene expression analysis, using Bioconductor packages in R
- Knowledge of Linux command line, with experience in HPC environments
- Familiarity with Python or Perl
Please send resumes to Dr. Chris Fields, Associate Director of HPCBio: firstname.lastname@example.org
Campus-Wide Seminar Listings
Listings will begin again in the Fall Semester!