BD FACS ARIA II SORTER
Enclosed in BL2 cabinet
The FACS ARIA II sorter is located in our Main Facility at 231 Edward R. Madigan Laboratory (click link for campus map). It is available for use Monday-Friday, 9 am-5 pm. All sorts must be assisted by flow cytometry personnel and scheduled in advance.
- High-performance analysis and high-performance sorting.
- Application flexibility: from analysis to sorting.
- Quartz cuvette flow cell in true fixed alignment with the laser.
- Automated sort setup.
- All sorts result in cells that prove viable and proliferate for several days post-sort.
- Temperature control for sample input by software: 4°C, 20°C, 37°C & 42°C.
- A choice of nozzles: 70, 85, 100 micron diameters.
- A variety of tube holders are provided, from 15-mL centrifuge tube to 1.0-mL microtube size.
- Four laser wavelengths—640 nm, 561 nm, 488 nm, and 403 nm.
Purity and Yield
At 70 psi and 90 kHz with an average threshold rate of 25,000 events per second, a four-way sort achieves a purity of >98% and a yield >80% of Poisson’s expected yield.
Default cytometer configuration for the ARIA II sorter:
For more information click the following links: