The primary mission of the DNA Services Lab is to provide outstanding service and state-of-the-art instrumentation to support basic, environmental, agricultural, and translational medical research for our campus investigators and external academic and corporate collaborators.
*We are an Illumina Certified Sequence Provider
Illumina NovaSeq X Plus and 6000
The NovaSeq X Plus is the latest instrument from Illumina for ultra-high throughput sequencing of genomic DNA, RNA-Seq, bisulfite-treated DNA, targeted sequencing, and many other samples that need high sequencing depth at the lowest possible cost.
The NovaSeq 6000 performs 2x250nt runs, which are still not available in the NovaSeq X Plus.
NovaSeq X Plus and 6000 Sequencing Options (see full list with multi-lane discounts in Pricing link above)
|Flowcell||Read Type and Length||Price Per Lane||
# of Single-Reads
Read Pairs Per lane
|Total # of Reads||Gb/lane|
|X Plus 10B||Single-reads,100bp||$1,640||1 billion||1 billion||150|
|X Plus 10B||Paired-reads, 2x150nt||$2,180||1 billion||2 billion||300|
|6000 SP||Paired-reads, 2x250nt||$3,430||400 million||800 million||200|
|6000 S1, S4||Other options in Pricing link above|
PacBio Sequel IIe
This is the latest instrument from PacBio, it produces the longest reads with the highest accuracy versus previous PacBio instruments. It is the instrument of choice for assembly of complex genomes. Also, it is used for characterization of full-length 16S and other amplicons and of full-length transcriptomes (IsoSeq).
One SMRT Cell 8M produces
- 20-35 Gbases of HiFi error-corrected reads with fragments 10-25kb
- 2-4 million error corrected cDNA or amplicon reads.
For sequencing libraries from amplicons (ie: 16S, 18S, ITS, etc), genomic DNA, small RNAs, RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, etc.
- Single- or paired-reads, 50bp to 300bp in length
- V2 Nano run produces 500k to 2 million paired-reads
- V2 bulk run produces 8 to 20 million paired-reads
- V3 run produces 10 to 40 million paired-reads
- The flowcell contains 1 lane
Oxford Nanopore GridION
Long sequencing reads from genomic DNA, RNA, cDNA, 16S or other amplicons.
- One flowcell produces from 1 to 9 million reads depending on the type of sample
- Reads are typically from 5kb to 40kb and with some reads from HMW genomic DNA reaching up to 100kb
- Each flowcell runs one or multiple samples
The 10x Chromium system produces libraries for 3' transcriptome sequencing from single-cells, ATAC-seq and multiomics (RNAseq + ATACseq).
- Libraries constructed on 10x are fully compatible with Illumina sequencing.
- Single-cell libraries can be constructed from 500 to 10,000 cells per library.
- Single-cell libraries are sequenced for 28x100nt or 28x150nt on the NovaSeq, with a minimum of 50k reads per cell recommended.
- 10x Visium Spatial gene expression libraries are also available.